[fvplayer src=’http://media.derpynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tomorrow-will-be-televised.mp3′ autoplay=false]
Tune in at about minute 32 for a Wander Over Yonder interview with Craig McCracken!
- The (winning) pitch for the show at the end of 2010.
- In Wander Over Yonder, Craig wanted to concentrate on the characters (as he has said in earlier interviews) in the spirit of some classic cartoons.
- A caller asked him about the perceived parallels with Doctor Who. He sees them too, but they were not intended.
- Working for Disney is exciting but also a bit intimidating because of the legacy he has to live up to.
- Wander is a “positive disrupter.” :‑)
- He doesn’t think of the juxtaposition of Wander and Lord Hater so much as one of good and evil than one between love and hate (as Lauren Faust has said before).
- They had very specific ideas for the music, hence why Andy Bean got the job.
- He likes the contrast of “crazy sci-fi action with banjos and kazoos” a lot.
- He treats music as another character on his shows.
- The combination of Lauren’s heart with Craig’s humor is what makes the show’s magic.
- He leans on her to make sure there is a core truth and a lesson in the shows, and then he adds the jokes and comedy.
- While Lauren worked on MLP, she also shared her ideas with Craig for feedback and vice versa.
Thanks to ILDC for the submission!